My peanut sauce is a family recipe with fresh herbs and spices including lemongrass and galangal. Traditionally it is served as a dipping sauce for Satay but can also be used as a salad dressing for the Malay salad, Gado Gado.
To use as a dipping sauce dilute with equal amounts of cold water and mix. Heat the diluted sauce in a saucepan on a medium heat until hot. Transfer onto serving bowl.
The diluted sauce can also be used as a salad dressing.
- 1 jar of diluted Nonya peanut sauce, reheated .
- 1 cup of shredded white cabbage, blanched in hot water for a minute and drain
- 1 cup of beansprouts, blanced in hot water for 30 seconds
- ½ cucumber, remove pith and cut into julienne strips
- 2 carrots, grated
- 2 hard boiled eggs, cut into segments
- 4 new potatoes, boiled and cut into half
- 2 oz fine green beans, blanched in hot water for 2 minutes and drain
Arrange salad in a large platter and pour hot peanut sauce over it. Alternatively, put peanut sauce in a bowl and serve alongside the salad platter.