This is a great recipe for barbecues. For those who want more heat, add half a dozen of those fiery birds eye chillies to the marinade.
- 1.5 KG chicken thigh pieces
- 8 cloves garlic
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground white pepper
- 2 tablespoon fresh coriander leaves
- 6 birds eye green chillies or green finger chillies (optional)
- 2 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 tbsp vegetable cooking oil
- Make slits through the skin of the chicken thighs so that the marinade can penetrate into the flesh.
- Roughly chop the garlic. Green chillies (if used) with coriander leaves, pepper and lime juice in a food processor or blender. Season with fish sauce and salt.
- Rub the herb mixture into the chicken thighs and leave to marinade for at least an hour. Just before cooking, brush with vegetable oil.
- Cook over the barbecue until the chicken is cooked, turning over regularly and baste with leftover marinade. Alternatively, bake in hot oven 220 degrees Centigrade for 30 minutes or until chicken is cooked. Pierce through the chicken to ensure the meat is cooked through – the juices should run clear and not bloody.